Happy New Year from the team at RAPID Healthcare Solutions! We hope that you and your families had a safe and happy holiday season and an easy transition back into the office. We’re here to help you kick start your 2019 by making workflow optimization your #1 resolution.
As 2018 closes, you may have had some time to think back on the year and make some resolutions for 2019. What were your New Year’s resolutions? Maybe you’re trying to make your health a priority, be better with money, make more time for family, or get more organized. The new year is a great time to reflect on what you loved about the past year, and what changes you’d like to make as time goes on. When it comes to your workplace, it’s easy to get tied down by the same issues year after year. We know how hard it is to find the time to address these problems. That’s why RAPID Healthcare Solutions is here to help you pinpoint these issues and find solutions–fast! The new year means a fresh start and a chance to rid yourself of last year’s less efficient processes and methods.
- So, how can you resolve to make your workplace as efficient as possible? Workflow optimization begins like any other resolution—you have to start by pinpointing what isn’t working. Think about your average workday:
- What are some things you do every day that leave you feeling frustrated?
- How many things do you do every day that make you roll your eyes and think: “there must be a better way”?
- What are the biggest time-wasters?
- Where exactly is your money going?
- Most importantly: are you spending your time and money effectively?
For example, you might be spending hours submitting claims and completing your office’s daily operations. Maybe your office computers are slow and unreliable. While you may be used to dealing with slow and unreliable computers, try and think of how much time you’re wasting. You may be behind in payments and putting your data at risk by using computers with poor connectivity and security. Think of how much time you would save in the future by investing in a new, fast, and reliable computer. More time equals faster payments. That one-time investment will make your office more profitable and efficient for years to come.
We don’t sell computers, but we do understand that it’s easy for these issues to become part of the standard work day, rather than problems that get resolved as soon as they present themselves. These situations aren’t just frustrating, they’re costly. This means less time to put your office’s resources towards revenue generating activities and patient care.
Luckily, you don’t have to go it alone. There are countless resources at your organization’s disposal to address your unique needs. Here are just a few recent examples:
- Click here to check out MGMA’s report on the final 2019 Medicare physician payment and quality reporting changes that took effect on January 1st. (Article available to MGMA members only.) Read to make sure that your organization and employees are well-prepared for these adjustments, and avoid playing catch-up as the year goes on.
- Listen to this podcast to hear what’s new with MGMA and healthcare in general for 2019.
- In the case of a natural disaster, safety should be your number one priority. When there’s an emergency, the last thing you should be worrying about is backing up files or protecting your data. Read this article about how to best prepare your practice for all kinds of disasters in 2019. (Article available to MGMA members only).
- Check out this article to see how a panel of experts determined the best ways to test EHR safety and usability. The experts identified certain processes practices can perform in order to quickly test “usability and patient safety issues relating to data entry, alerting, interoperability, and more”. How would your system measure up?
When it comes to workflow optimization and realizing your ROI in 2019, use our RAPID Pro services to get the support and expertise you need. Our team of RAPID professionals is well-versed in discovering your organization’s pain points, finding solutions, and ensuring that you get the most for your money. The team at RAPID Healthcare Solutions has amassed experience and best practices from hundreds of healthcare providers and organizations, across the US and we’re ready to share all of these tips and tricks with you. This year: resolve to make your business a healthy one!